Skip to content

Do I Need a Roadworthy to Sell My Car?


Whether you’re selling your car for a quick profit or you’re planning to use it for a long time, there are several factors that you should consider before you decide to sell your car. One of those factors is whether you need a roadworthy to sell your car.

Selling a car as-is

Getting a car sold as-is without a roadworthy certificate can be a daunting task. It can be very time consuming and cost more than a certified car. But if you’re looking for a quick sale, then it might be a good choice.

It’s important to know the pros and cons of selling a car as-is before making the decision. It can save you time and money, and ensure that you avoid any miscommunication. There are also some legal considerations.

In order to sell a car as-is, you must prepare a bill of sale. You must also include a full description of the vehicle, including its VIN number, year, make, and model. This will help you avoid miscommunication and make sure that the buyer understands the car’s condition.

If you’re selling to a domestic partner, or if the car is over five years old, you may be required to get a roadworthy certificate. The fee varies by state.


Contacting VicRoads after selling a car

Whether you are selling your car or just changing the registration information, it is important to notify the Vicroads. Failure to do so can result in a fine. This agency is responsible for the registration of vehicles in Victoria and keeps details of over a million cars.
VicRoads is a part of the Department for Transport. It is responsible for the registration of driving licences, road tax and other vehicle-related matters in the state of Victoria. It maintains a database of over a million vehicles, including colour, manufacturer and engine capacity. This database is used to identify stolen registration details and ensure that cars are taxed correctly.
To notify VicRoads of a sale, you will need to provide them with the registration number of your car and the date of sale. The details of the new owner will also be needed. You can send the information to VicRoads online.
VicRoads will also need to know your name and address. If the name and address of the new owner is changed, you may also need to notify them.