Car Roadworthy Certificate Inspection while you wait $149
A roadworthy inspection is a check of the vehicle to ensure that the key components have not worn or deteriorated, and that the vehicle is safe for normal road use.
Whether you are purchasing a new vehicle, maintaining your current vehicle or selling a vehicle, simply book your inspection today. We are just a call away.
A vehicle that is passed by the Licensed Tester will be issued with a certificate of Roadworthiness. Should any components not meet the test requirements, a first inspection report will be issued listing any defect items. Defect items are required to be repaired and reinspected within seven days in order for the certificate to be issued. To make it a smooth and simple process, the team at Ringwood Roadworthy Centre can provide a quotation and complete any required repairs.
The roadworthy inspection is a check of the vehicle to make sure that key components are in a good enough condition for safe road use. It includes:
- wheels and tyres
- steering, suspensions and braking systems
- seats and seatbelts
- lights and reflectors
- windscreen, and windows including front wipers and washers
- vehicle structure
- other safety related items on the body, chassis or engine.
What isn’t checked
The roadworthiness test isn’t a check of the mechanical reliability or general condition of a vehicle. A Certificate of Roadworthiness does not mean that:
- the vehicle is in top condition without any wear or deterioration
- non-safety related accessories (such as the air conditioner, rear window demister, electric windows and rear-window wipers) are working
- the items checked during the roadworthy inspection will continue to function after the inspection, e.g. a brake light can stop functioning at any time after the inspection
- the vehicle complies with all of the Australian Design Rules (ADRs)
If you require a comprehensive vehicle inspection
If you require a comprehensive check on the overall condition and reliability of the vehicle then you should arrange for a separate independent vehicle inspection which we can facilitate at the time of your Roadworthy inspection if required.
Area of service: Ringwood, Ringwood North, Ringwood East, Heathmont, Croydon, Croydon South, Bayswater, Bayswater North, Kilsyth South, Kilsyth, Mooroolbark, Montrose, Mitcham, Vermont, Vermont South, Burwood, Burwood East, Forest Hill, Blackburn South, Blackburn, Blackburn North, Nunawading, Donvale, Doncaster, Doncaster East, Warrandyte South, Warrandyte, Box Hill, Box Hill North